Need help with your business? Visit the Business Support Centre
16 government agencies and a dedicated help desk to resolve inquiries and issues all under one roof
By Darussalam Enterprise
Mapping out the pathway for your business, when first starting out, can be daunting.
Questions on approvals, applications and seeking out the right channels in government when doing business represent real concerns that the local business community face.
To simplify and streamline getting key business related processes and services under the government done, Darussalam Enterprise (DARe), working closely with government agencies, have set up single convenient point of access – the Business Support Centre (BSC) – last April.
Housed on the first floor of the Design and Technology building in Anggerek Desa, BSC brings together 16 government agencies offering 27 business related processes and services.
Inquiries can also be directed to these agencies – however should you have a specific issue that cannot be answered when you visit, our staff on hand at BSC will encourage you to file it with our Business Helpdesk (BHD) system.
A dedicated team will look into your case, and provide you a response within two weeks. As of January this year, more than 2,000 issues and inquiries have been logged into BHD – with 98 per cent of all non-late payment issues resolved.
Last November, BSC also expanded to Belait at the Kuala Belait and Seria Municipal Board building and by the end of 2017 we are aiming to have BSC branches up and running in Tutong and Temburong.
Here’s the list of services and agencies at BSC at the Design and Technology building in Brunei-Muara.
|1||DARE Business Helpdesk*||1. Log-in business related issues and enquiries
2. Inform on DARE events, activities
3. Advice on general BSC
4. Receive industrial land applications
5. Activate e-Darussalam accounts
& District Office, Ministry of Home Affairs*
|1. Receive, review and renew business licenses (health and beauty related activities)
2. Register e-Darussalam accounts
3. Update data on OneBiz system
|4||OneBiz, Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister’s Office||Receive and process payment for:
1. Business licences (health and beauty related activities)
2. Billboard Signage
4. Public Entertainment
7. Construction Permit ba/form c/op/pp
8. Endorsement of Jawi Scripts
9. Investment Incentives
|5||Registry of Companies and Business Names, Ministry of Finance||1. Advice on processes relating to registration of company and business names|
|6||Royal Customs and Excise Department, Ministry of Finance||1. Advice on import and export procedures, tariff and classification and other customs matters
2. Receiving, processing and approving customs declaration for preferential tariff treatment
3. Trade Registration
4. Check on Customs declaration status
|7||Land Department, Ministry of Development||LARIS
1. Transfer of land ownership
2. Change of land special conditions
3. Land charge
4. Land lease
5. Extend expired leased land
|8||Town and Country Planning, Ministry of Development||Advice on planning permission applications|
|9||Credit Control, Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam||Self-Inquiry & Dispute Resolution service (‘Self-Inquiry Reports’)|
|10||Authority for Building and Construction Industry (ABCi), Ministry of Development||Advice and assist in application submissions for:
1. Approval Plans of Building Works
2. Permit to Carry Out Building Works (Form C)
3. Occupation Permit (OP)
4. Billboard Signage
|11||Department of Water Services, Ministry of Development||Advice on how to apply for commercial water meter online|
|12||Department of Electrical Services, Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister’s Office||1. Online application
2. Advice on how to get electricity connection
|13||Certificate of Origin, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade||1. Advice on how to get tariff exemption or reduction under different Free Trade Agreements
2. Application for Certificate of Origin
3. Approval of Certificate of Origin issued or received
|14||Brunei Intellectual Property Office||1. Receive and process applications for patent, trademark and industrial design
2. Advice on IP-related matters
3. Searches of the Register books
|15||Labour Department, Ministry of Home Affairs||1. Advice on how to apply for Foreign Workers License and Work Pass Recommendation
2. Create/activate LCS Username and Password for online applications
3. Check application status
4. Advice on labour related matters
|16||Cottage Industry and Cooperatives Division, Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister’s Office*||1. Providing advice on the set-up of cooperatives
2. Receive inquiries, feedback and issues with regards to cooperatives
|17.||International Affairs Division, Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister’s Office||1. Providing advisory on the online process for application of Exhibition and Trade Fairs
2. Processing and approval of license to organize Trade Fairs (including local roadshows related to trade, trade expos, garage or car boot sales and wedding fairs)
BSC Brunei-Muara is open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm. On Monday to Thursday, BSC closes for lunch between 12 to 2pm and on Friday, 11.30am to 2.15pm. BSC KB is open from the same hours from Monday to Thursday, but is closed on Friday and operates on Saturday from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
The public can also log in their business issues through BHD online at: http://www.business.gov.bn/businesshelpdesk/Home.aspx
*Services available at BSC KB.