The fourth ASEAN-Japan Women Entrepreneurs’ Linkage Program (AJWELP) will be hosted in Brunei for the first time in February next year, with up to 20 Bruneian female entrepreneurs targeted to participate.
AJWELP will be held at the Rizqun International Hotel from February 10 to 13, with co-organizer Darussalam Enterprise (DARe) inviting local female entrepreneurs to participate in the fully sponsored programme.
AJWELP is an exchange programme organized by ASEAN-Japan Centre (AJC) as part of its efforts to enable the development of women-founded startups in the region by providing networking and capacity building that is aimed at opening up market access for its participants and their communities.
Part of AJWELP agenda will be a two-day workshop on entrepreneurship, leadership and presentation skills, and will also see some of the foremost female entrepreneurs in the region take centre stage to share their stories and provide consultation.
The main eligibility criteria are:
- Female entrepreneurs who run social enterprises or whose businesses have a significant social or community element
- The business should be operational with products and services available to the market
- The business or its founder has the potential to address social or environmental issues and contribute towards ASEAN’s development
- Able to communicate in English
- Started a business after 2014
- First-generation owner of their business
- Conventional businesses will not be considered unless they have significant originality in their business model or product and service.