Nominations are now open for women entrepreneurs to represent Brunei at the second ASEAN-Japan Women Entrepreneurs’ Linkage Programme (AJWELP) which will be held in Jakarta this December 3 to 6.
Darussalam Enterprise (DARe), the national body for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) will be nominating 10 Bruneian women entrepreneurs for the programme, organized by the ASEAN-Japan Centre, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the ASEAN Business Advisory Committee.
The programme aims to empower ASEAN women entrepreneurs to improve their community by developing new products, services or systems, and to assist them to build networks with established companies, established women entrepreneurs (mentors) and other women entrepreneurs (AJWELP peers). AJWELP will also cover the cost of accommodation and the flight.
The main eligibility criteria is as follows;
- Women entrepreneurs working towards improving the life of their community by developing/installing new products/services/systems
- Activity/businesses with social impact
- Started business after December 2012
- Running a first generation business
- Business should be original (franchisees not included)
- Ability to solve social problems and contribute towards a prosperous ASEAN
- Able to communicate in English
- Able to develop and deliver presentations
To submit a nomination please submit a cover letter which outlines your business scope, achievement and impact, along with your CV, certificate of business registration and a passport-sized photo to DARe at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: [Application for Nomination] ASEAN-Japan Women Entrepreneurs’ Linkage Program (AJWELP) 2017.
Deadline is October 2, 2pm. Questions can be directed to DARe’s International Affairs at +673 238 4830 ext 248 or 234.