Brunei startups are invited to pitch at the Brunei leg of the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) Virtual Pitch Competition to stand a chance to win a grand prize of US$50,000.
One startup from Brunei will be selected from the national pitch which takes place this October 10 to join the Global Startups Champions League – together with a hundred startups representing their own nation – to vie for the US$50,000 grand prize.
The pitch contest is open to businesses between two to seven-years-old, with less than 50 employees with an annual revenue between $25,000 to $1,000,000.
Startups will be pitching virtually to a panel of experts and executives in entrepreneurship, technology and business management, which will also open up opportunities to receive investment.
The startups will be evaluated based on the following categories and criteria:
- Growth: Has had the most growth, or achieved the most scale amongst all the start-ups that pitched.
- Social impact: Has had the most impact on the society using a sustainable and scalable business model. E.g financial inclusion, human rights, human capital development etc.
- Best use of innovation: Has leveraged latest technology the best to develop and scale its value proposition using a sustainable business model (e.g IoT, Blockchain, AI/ML etc)
- Climate and environmental impact: Has had the most impact in healing or protecting the environment using a sustainable, scalable business model.
- Privacy, data protection and compliance: Has achieved the most scale in helping people or companies manage and protect their private data and/or comply with regulatory requirements in an increasingly complex data protection and regulatory landscape.
The Brunei leg of the Virtual Startup Pitch Competition will be streamed on AIM’s YouTube channel. The Global Startups Champions League will be held on October 20 to 22.
Brunei startups Mindplus and Agrome IQ participated in the inaugural AIM Startups Pitching Competition in 2017. AIM has been organised by the United Arab Emirates’ Ministry of Economy since 2010 as a FDI-focused investment event.
Businesses interested in pitching can register online through AIM’s website. Final day for registration is October 9.